Monday 5 November 2012

This day two years ago...

... I was in a cinema, watching the film Due Date. The 5th of November, 2010 was my due date for E, so it was an appropriately titled, if not particularly funny, film for the day, which was why we went to see it. In the end E arrived a few days later.

This year, it's a little different. I'm sitting on my couch writing sad poetry and blog posts, after a final hospital appointment which confirmed my miscarriage was over, or complete, my uterus is now empty. And so is my heart.

Ok, that's melodramatic. My heart isn't empty. I have many things that make me happy and that make me feel fulfilled. However, I will never get to meet this baby, this child that shall never be, and that is truly heartbreaking. I will never stop wondering what might have been. I will always wish that I hadn't had to experience any of this pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment