Tuesday 6 November 2012

Buying a present

A friend of mine had a baby a few weeks ago. A good friend, one of the ones who knew I was pregnant.

I am so happy for her, and the pics on Facebook suggest he is a gorgeous little boy. He's over four weeks old now, I am so happy for her but I just couldn't face seeing a newborn baby just yet.

Making plans to meet tomorrow  though. I think I'll be up for it - I may get a little tearful, but she'll understand.

So with those plans underway, I decided I needed to get her a present. I already had a book bought for her older child not to feel left out, so just a baby gift needed.

I took E shopping with me which was a great distraction - trying to stop her shoplifting is a full-time job all by itself! It was hard, though. Beautiful baby outfits in teeny tiny sizes.

In the end I bought a winter suit in 6-12 month size, it'll probably fit him before winter is out - my friend makes big babies.

The teeny tiny ones were just too much to bear, a little too heartbreaking to look at. I love my friend, but I can't help wishing I was buying something for my own baba.

No comments:

Post a Comment